Time is TBD | ChildSavers RVA
Trauma and Resilience Basics
This training is provided by ChildSavers RVA
Time & Location
Time is TBD
ChildSavers RVA, 200 N 22nd St, Richmond, VA 23223, USA
About the Event
Participants will learn:
- About Adverse Childhood Experiences and the impact on youth and adult mental and physical wellness.
- The upstairs/downstairs brain model and basic interventions for consumers who are in “survival mode.”
- How to respond to the NEED rather than reacting to the BEHAVIOR and create effective responses to promote trauma healing, minimize re-traumatization, and increase positive behaviors.
- To promote self-regulation, positive self-identity, and co-regulation skills
- The Virtuous Cycle, the foundations for building Trauma-Informed Communities, and the collective impact models of resilience that improve population health outcomes