1. Am I required to fill out an application?
Yes. All interested volunteers are required to fill out and submit an online volunteer application.
2. What is the age requirement for volunteers?
All volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
3. When can I volunteer?
We accept applications on an on-going basis. However, we do require a commitment of 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months.
4. Are there any special requirements for volunteers?
We conduct a full background check on all staff and volunteers due to the vulnerable population that we serve.
5. After volunteering will I be hired by BWF?
Volunteering is a great way to build your professional resume. However, we can not guarantee that any volunteer will be hired for a staff position.
6. Does BWF provide financial compensation to volunteers?
Though we do not offer financial compensation to our volunteers, your time and mileage may be tax deductible.
7. Can I volunteer with a group?
Yes! We welcome volunteer groups but the group leader must fill out the application and complete the background check.